Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Our family outings...

The Dixie Rock--



Dixie Rock-- This is a slide show of our recent trip to the Dixie Rock. It was my first time going and all I can say is-- it's really high. What was even funnier is that Coby and I switched rolls as being chicken of heights. He hates man-made heights such as airplanes, rollercoasters and the Eifel Tower in Las Vegas and I thrive on them. On the other hand, he loves climbing rocks and I was a nervous wreck the entire time we were up there. When I sat on the rock watching cars go by with Ben, it was more for my comfort than anything. The climb down was on my butt. I have lost several battles with Mother Nature, that's why when it's her vs. me-- I usually lose.

Snow Canyon State Park--



We had a blast at Snow Canyon State Park. We went on Saturday, which turned out to be picture perfect. It was my first time driving through and I found a spot for us to go camping this summer. Ben's old enough and we'll be close enough to home if anything goes wrong. It's so gorgeous through there... a little piece of heaven just far enough out of town. I can't wait till we go hiking in there and go back for more fun in the sand dunes. Coby told me this is where the family came every Easter, so perhaps we'll have an Easter egg hunt there this year to carry on a family tradition. Southern Utah is just majestic. I never thought I would love all the redness after growing up around all green--but, it is its own unique beauty. I look forward to exploring Zion National Park this spring!

No comments: