

Well... as you can see little Ben enjoyed his first Thanksgiving with the family and friends. Coby and Ben were both little Indians and I was a pilgrim. It was a fun and hopefully new tradition for more Thanksgivings to come. We had a smorgasbord of foods prepared by everyone that came. I can't say what dish was my favorite, because they were all delightful. I can say that I wish I still had a piece of the heavenly pecan pie that my friend Amanda made. It was a little piece of home for the holiday. Mmmm!! I attempted my first pumpkin pie this year. I never knew how easy it was to make, yet I felt tremendous pressure from Eric not to mess it up as his aunt did one year. Luckily, I didn't. (By the way... Eric is an amazing chef if you haven't noticed). Jeff decorated the table this year and he did a fabulous job. It was very festive and so pretty. This family is full of amazing men. After dinner some went to watch T.V., others cleaned, some played with the kids and others caught a quick nap. Tasia learned that you can cry because you laugh too hard. She caught me in one of my laughing fits (thanks to Sara) and looked at me in wonder-ment as I cried and laughed uncontrollably. It was precious. It's hard to believe that the holiday has come and gone and that we're getting ready for Christmas. Yikes!!! We are headed south this year for the holiday. I am anxious for Coby to meet all of my family back home (which is only 22 people--including all aunts, uncles, cousins and our little family). It's way different with the Hunt family. :) Ben is growing like a weed. He is starting to hold his bottle, sit up, roll over both ways and is getting two top teeth. The picture below is Ben with his new found friend--- his tongue. Isn't it cute?? He amazes us and his doctor all the time. His development is where a regular 5-month-old should be as if he was supposed to be born when he was. It's awesome to know that he is doing so well and so healthy after having a rough beginning. He's long and slender, just like how his dad was. Well, I've said enough for this update. I just wanted to thank the family for being so amazing, fun and so loving. I couldn't have dreamed of a better family to marry into. That's one thing I was grateful for this year and hope we continue to build more and more memories together year after year.


No comments:
Post a Comment