Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween '07



What's Halloween without this classic?

















This is the after we carved our pumpkin pic-- the pics are out of order--sorry.















Spooky pumpkin at night!!!




















Happy Halloween!!!





We had so much fun this year celebrating my favorite holiday. I know that may seem wierd, but it is my favorite. I love all the spooky decorations, carving pumpkins, eating chili and cornbread, candy corn, trick-or-treaters and the whole shabang!





This year we wanted to be characters from the Little Rascals. Coby was going to be Spanky and I was going to be Darla. Well, time snuck up on us and we ended up just having Ben be Alphalfa. He was the CUTEST Alphalfa ever and everyone wanted to take him home with them from our ward party.








Coby was "smartie pants" for Halloween and Ben lived up to his "Little Rascal" theme. He was an handful at the party-- so much excitement for a 16-month-old. Here Coby and Ben are doing the cake walk. When they landed on the #1 ghost...Ben won! He won a little cupcake that he had no interest in eating.



(my costume was an undercover sky marshall, so i couldn't be photographed in order to keep my identity a secret)







We moved on to another game and he won a prize by throwing a ghost into the bowl. Of course he walked right up to the bowl, but he did throw it in there!




We carved our pumpkin for FHE as well. We found the PERFECT pumpkin. It was nice and round and had the perfect surface for carving. It was almost to pretty to carve. I felt like Linus on Charlie Brown and The Great Pumpkin Patch when he screams at his sister, Lucy, that she killed the pumpkin when she carved it.


I don't know the movie that well, but we watched it while we carved our pumpkin. We have actually seen it several times this past month...just glad we can move on to the Thanksgiving one!

For Halloween night we went to a dinner party at our friends house, had stew, went through a haunted historical alley and then played the Celestial Companion game until midnight. We had a BLAST!! We hope that everyone else's Halloween went well and safe!

We didn't have any trick-or-treaters before we left home at 7 p.m. However, as we saw them walking on the street on our way over to our friend's house, we stopped and let them trick-or-treat from our car.

Love y'all-----
The Washington Hunts






2 comments:

Eric and Sara said...

oh my gosh! I want to take alfalfa home with me! He is so adorable! And coby's costume was both very clever and very hilarious! that was awesome! i'm sure glad ya'll had a blast! hope to talk to you soon!
sara

Joseph Hunt said...

That costume is so creative! I love that alfalfa idea! You are too cute! Coby's smarty pants is great too! I love Haloween too. I think that's one of my fav Holidays too and the decor makes it way better!!