Well we have returned from our trip to Georgia for Ben's first Christmas. We had such an amazing time...lots of pictures were taken, however, the camera was left back in the peach state. The top picture was our first Christmas experience with little Ben. He was dressed in his Santa suit and met old Kris Kringle for the first time in downtown St. George. It was a cold winter's night and no tears were shed after meeting jolly old St. Nick. Ben did wonder who this jolly old man was that dressed like him, but he was sweet enough not to say anything to the man. We got our picture taken outside Santa's house.
Our plane trip to Georgia was a smooth one. We took the red eye, which was perfect with the little babe. I gave him a bath and put him in his PJ's before we left so he was set for the 4-hour flight. Coby took his meds and did pretty good--although, I don't remember much because Ben and I slept the whole way there.
We got to Georgia about 7 a.m., Georgia time and my parents were waiting there with cameras in hand. It was like the paparazzi when we got to the top of the escalator and my mom saw little Ben. We gathered our bags and headed to Waffle House. Mmmm...there's nothing like a good start to the holidays! We spent the first day there running errands for my Christmas presents and then met some of my friends for dinner. We kept Ben on the same time schedule as here so the transitions wouldn't be a bear for only a four day trip. It worked well--mainly cause we got to sleep in till 10 a.m., since that was his normal 8 a.m. wake up time here.
On Saturday we drove to South Carolina to visit my mom's side of the family. My aunts, uncles and cousins ate Ben up. He was held all the time, until I rescued him and gave him some free time playing on the floor. The whole trip on the plane (both ways) and the long trip to and fro SC, Ben was perfect--never crying. We can't believe what an angel is truly is. Honestly, I think he knew that Santa was still watching. We opened presents on Christmas Day really late. We had to wait for my new little nephew, Gabriel, to get to my mom's house. It was about 7 p.m. when we opened presents. Ben was napping, so he missed all the fun. He was spoiled. I had one piece of luggage that just had all his toys.
We opened our presents and did our little family Christmas when we got back to St. George Wensday night. It was a lot of fun! Ben got a lot of books. That's what I wanted him to get since he really can't play with toys yet and besides, I knew he'd get toys from other family members. He loves to read and hold the books. He said he can't wait for Christmas to come again next year! (He wants a little sister).
Well... I'll be posting the results of his 6-month check-up soon. Much love, the Washington Hunts.


No comments:
Post a Comment