Sunday, April 29, 2007

What's happen'

I haven't loaded any new photos to our computer and so I just decided to post an old one of Coby playing with Ben's blocks.
We jopurneyed out to Pinaca yesterday to attend one of Coby's good friends, Christopher Lee's funeral.It was a great funeral and even though I didn't know him or had the chance to meet him-- I knew he was a great person by the people he was surrounded by. Coby and Brett Lee sang a song that Coby and Chris wrote together in Puppet. They sang it at the graveside dedication. It was so beautiful. I also recently attended a funeral in Logandale. That was my first trip to the stompin' grounds of the Hunt family. I must say... between those two funerals, I am starting to learn more and more about their lives there. It is fun to meet people that I only know through countless stories.
I hope to never go to Pinana again... except to shoot photos out in Modena. They have some wonderful spots for some of the scenic photography that I like to do.
Here's a brief look at what's going on with us:
Coby-- We are hoping that he gets a job that he interviewed for last week to work for the St. George Police Department. We're keeping the faith, that even though he may not have all the office skills as others... that he'd be perfect for the job. We find out tomorrow (Mon.). We just want to be done with Loomis. He is also going to work for Aaron again, part-time a few nights a week. Other than that...he's working on some songs with some friends of ours in our ward to sing in two weeks at Cotton Days here in Washington. We'll let you know the time when we find out in case you want to come. He had set a goal at the beginning of the year to read a book a month... and read so many so fast that he doesn't have to pick up a book till July.
Me: I am staying busy working part-time and doing freelance work for The Spectrum and St. George Magazine. I have also started to write a book. I actually started it in March, so I have been working on it for just a little over a month. It's called, "My Average American Life." I am having a lot of fun with it and will write for one year. I am currently looking for a publisher, which is harder than I thought. Other than that, I am also started to put together a second book project. I haven't titled it yet, but it is an entirely different beast. It's not one that I am writing, but one that I am designing. For this project, I am going to contact Desert Books about a publishing deal. Both of these projects are still outside of the book that will make me a millionaire---"Utah Hair" (a pop-up book). I have to find out how to make a pop-up book..... and that is TOUGH. Other than that, I stay really busy playing and raising little Ben and Coby. Trying new recipes, working in scouts, laundry, other chores and reading.
Ben: He's getting two teeth on the top... they are about a 1/4 of the way out and I think I might have saw another one on top. I'll check again tomorrow. He's crawling EVERYWHERE! This morning Coby and I were in our kitchen fixing breakfast and he crawled up the step into the kitchen to be with us. It was so cute and so amazing to see him take that step. He's been halfway on the step for weeks and finally just moved his little bum all the way up. He is getting so big and talking so much. He still only says dad, but his other babble is amazing. He was such a champ on our little trip yesterday. When we got back to Grandpa Steve's house, we played with Charlie. He absolutely adores that dog. Each time the puppy pounced his way over to Ben, he just giggled and made his happy fists. We are going on another road trip this week and hope that our little trooper is just as good. We can't believe he'll be one in two months. I have no idea where this year has gone. We are going to Georgia this summer for his first birthday. The Braves are in town on his birthday, so I want to go there, then to the laser show at Stone Mountain and to the large fish place.... I can't think of the name right now. We will also have a big party here as well.

That's about it for now. I want to say that Laura and Josh's goals are admirable and that they better meet us in Georgia!! I am finding new athletic shoes and will start to excercise again and will do a 5k by the end of the year. My goal is to do a triathlon next year. Since I have moved here to St. George, my exercise days have really not been in existance, so I have to change that...especially before I have another baby.

KEEP POSTING.... we sure do love each of you so much!!!

1 comment:

Joseph Hunt said...

Jill, I love this post! Upi are such a creative writer so I think I book is a great idea! Are you serious about the Utah hair book? I think that would seriously be the FUNNIEST thing ever! Please let me tell you all the people know with Utah hair and you can take pictures of them and put them in the pop up! :) Ben sounds like he's learning so much! We also hope and pray that Coby can get the police job. :)