Sunday, September 30, 2007

What we've been up to...

Here's a few things we've been up to lately...

Ben carries around his doggie almost always and if you listen closely, you'll hear him say his first word-- Doggie (other than mom & dad, of course).

Other words now in his limited, but cute vocab are, "bye-bye" and it sounds like "hi there" and ball. :)

He's also learned to kick dad's basketball. He's growing up too fast!





We have taught Ben the finer things of southern Utah, like yummy Enterprise corn. Is anyone homesick, yet?

He absolutely loves corn on the cob!!










Ben's new mischief comes from copying things that mom and dad do; however, taking them to a naughty level like sneaking in his room, getting alone time with his baby powder. This happens more times than I like and Coby and I have decided since he likes to be white...we'll make him a ghost for Halloween.

Do you notice the hand he is using in the picture? I do believe I have a left-handed child, which in talking the other day to Coby, I found out that Grandpa Reed, Ben's namesake, was also left-handed. Here we thought he just had his veiny hands as a baby! He's really good with both hands, but tends to do a lot more with the left. How am I supposed to teach him how to use scissors??







Coby reverted to his younger years on his birthday by taking over Ben's sippee cup. Ben didn't mind, he thought Dad was funny. (He always thinks Dad is funny).















Ben found it in himself to pose by peeking through the spokes of Coby's new mountain bike. It was supposed to be Coby's Christmas present, but he was able to get it early with birthday funds. We found a brand new Schwinn bike at a Pawn Shop for $130. I had never gone to a pawn shop before...but, will now!! I'll take a pic of it soon...it's a beauty!

I almost forgot to mention that he has learned the cutest "trick" of them all--- giving kisses. He walked up to me with his arms out like he was going to hug me and gave me a kiss. It was the sweetest, most tender moment I have had as a mother! What rewards!!!











That's about it... we're still doing the same ole, same ole. Lovin' life and having fun. I got my grant money this past week so now I can start purchasing all the items for the rooms. I won't be able to decorate until construction is completed which is expected in December. I started volunteering for the Children's Justice Center board as well. Other than that...we miss all of our away family but are sure glad Terra and Jeff, GG, Granpa Steve & Randi, Great-grandma Hunt are still hangin' with us here in Utard.

I hope all my sister-in-laws got to see the General Relief Society meeting. What a powerful call to repentance and being better women of the church, world and family!

Love y'all!!

PS-- Tyler comes home this week!! Let's party!

No comments: