Sunday, January 28, 2007

Ben's 7-month update

Can you believe it?? Ben is now 7-months-old!! Remember the beginning of his life-- how small and frail he was? Well... there's nothing small or frail about him now.




Ben is doing so amazing-- leaving his doctor speechless at every visit. His 6-month check-up went really well. That was back in December after we returned from Georgia. (I was waiting for new updated pics to post b/f the update). He's in the 90% for his height and 45% for his weight-- based of his birthdate and not his due date. His development is even more amazing. He's really advanced for being a 6-week preemie--- doing this now that a 7-month-old should be doing, when he apparently should be 6-weeks behind. (If that makes sense).
The doctor is even more amazing by his development because males develop slower than girls, however, his faster than his age group for girls, too. We're not surprised... he's always been a trooper, fighter and just plain bright (as his doctor called him). He's got sooo much personality and is getting more and more every day. Over the weekend he's learned to "dance" and is beginning to wave (thanks Aunt Sara). Well...it's the beginnings to waving and it's too precious!! He's a talker... and just babbles and babbles to mom, dad and himself. He's back in his own room. He prefers to go to bed on his own...just lay him down, give him a blanket he can put on his cheek and he is out like a light. (However, sometimes he still wants to be held and cuddled first). He wakes himself up and starts to coo and talk to his hands and the angels around him until Mom finally hears him and wakes up. He's ready to eat the moment I scoop him up from the bed--- and he always has a grin to greet those he meets after he sleeps. (that's one amazing rhyme)





Fred Flinstone, eat your heart out!! He wears an orange beard much better. Ben LOVES his squash and most foods, except peas. He's had to take a break from his fruits because of a bad diaper rash this past week--- his first real rash. I don't know what I'll do when he comes home with a scraped knee--- I could barely stand to see him with a bum rash. Ben has also started drinking from a cup... I let him experiment with that and he's loving it.
FINALLY, a bottom tooth is showing it's head. He had two top teeth bud at 5-months, however, they never came out to play. He'll be showing off his new tooth pretty soon.... and believe me there will be plenty of pics!!
Ben is so excited for baseball season to start. I bought him a Braves outfit before he was born to wear while we watched games... too bad we don't have TBS.
Coby and I are still the same... not much changes from week to week. We're just loving being the parents to a complete angel.
As soon as my camera arrives from Georgia, I'll get some updated photos of Ben taken and out to everyone. My plan was to do his 6-months, but, that month quickly slipped by.

Our Valentines Day plans are still up in the air... the day falls in the middle of the week, Coby might have to work late and there's really nothing that can top the romantic Valentines Day Coby gave to me last year!!

No comments: