Sunday, January 7, 2007

Finally a little breather!


Well Hell...o family it's the Sheets and yes we are finally on the blogger..!

Aren't you just so excited?!

We have been busy, busy, busy getting settled.

We survived a week in Jamacia. It was really pretty execpt for all the dirty Jamacians trying to take our American cash-ola. They really liked our glow in the dark pirate shirts and thought that we were in a rock band. They wanted to "come to da states and par-tee and smoke" wit' us. We had a great week at the Sandals resort. We ate and swam, then ate, and swam some more, then when we got tired of that we ate and layed around the room and drank Coke watching all the Christian chanels on Jamacian satellite. We found one show we particularly liked called "Body and Spirit" it was a Christian exercise show. It made us want to jump for Jesus. So we did. I think we were the youngest couple there. Everyone else looked like they were miserable clubbin newly weds in their 30's, I guess it was all the free drinks at the swim up bar. We had lots of little adventures in Jamacia like crazy bus drivers and a lizard that hung out on our ceiling for the whole stay. I think he liked us.


Yeah mon! Then we headed back to the good ol' U. S. of A. Thank goodness for America the Land of the Free and Home of Dr. Pepper!
Josh and I spent our first christmas in Mount Airy aka Mayberry. We dragged our booties out of bed to make it to Ingrams house at 7 am for a lovely breakfast ohhhh it was delicious. We ate a ton but worked it off by playing (dancing our brains off) dance dance revolution or if you are hip and cool-D.D.R. Then we all went back and crashed for a few more hours. Needless to say we wore ourselves out dancing and let me tell you Wayne Sheets can break it down pretty well.

Around 3pm we gathered the Sheets clan together and watched Joy to the World or as Carly Grace used to call it, Jesus and the Pocahantas. The neices and nephews did a little Christmas show. They sang Christmas songs and it was really cute. We sang the 12 days of Christmas. We were the 3 French Hens. For some reason when you sing that line you have to use a Barry White voice. Then the children tore into the presents and there was a mass of boxes and wrappings. We drew names at Thanksgiving and then exchanged gifts on Christmas. I got a Cool Water gift set with all kinds of smelly stuff and Josh got another addiction: Prison Break season 1. We watched the whole season in less than a week. We are waiting for Season 2 to come out in the summer.

Since New Years Eve was on Sunday, we had a New Years Eve Eve date to Outback. We pigged out on burgers from Outback. We discovered it's about the same $$ as Chilli's. So if you are looking for tastey food at a reasonable price check it out (we are waiting for our check in the mail from Outback for plugging their resturant on this blog). We just layed around and drank Dr. Pepper on New Years. We don't have cable or anything so our channels on the tv are fuzzy if we move around too much. So we didn't get to see Dick Clark's Rockin New Year's Eve, but we did see some British lady and we saw the ball drop. Fun times!

With the new year brings new beginnings. I got a calling to teach the 9 year olds in the Primary. Today was the first day and it was.....Fun? I think next week I am going to slip the kids Benodryl or Nyquil to slow them down. J slash K. I was set apart after Church and was promised blessings for my service. Josh and I are both teachers and are so thankful for the opportunity to serve in that capacity. He teaches the 12 and 13 year olds. They sit there a lot of times like knots of a log but he tries to shake them up a bit. We are excited to study and teach the New Testament this year. I figure I can teach on a 9 year olds level, my husband gives me plenty of chances to practice. tee hee hee.

I am still looking for a job, but I know that I will get one soon. We fasted for it today and we are continually asking Heavenly Father for help. So it's not if, but when.

Classes start tomorrow for my little Joshua. I have to make sure his little backpack is ready, and he has his little school lunch in a brown baggy, and most importantly that his clothes are ironed and matched so the other kids in class don't pick on him. I don't want my husband to be the unmatched smelly kid in class.

We are always having fun and feeling special!






We Love you all or yall, ok so I haven't worked that into my vocabulary yet, but I'm working on it :)
much love
Laura and Josh Sheets

p.s.---We are having a baby! JUST KIDDING! My husband is making me get excited for ACC Basketball. Go Tarheels!

No comments: